When you take a break from life, you discover life itself. It’s all ‘Back to Basics’ in this eco-friendly paradise! A careful look around also reveals a world waiting to be felt, touched and explored. In fact, if one wants to, a day in Kuflon can turn out to be quite hectic. The following activities are suggestive and expected on your own initiative and for those looking for a more structured day.
Click on the links below for more details:
- If there is a place to indulge in the area for Twitcher’s Madness, an addiction few people understand, it’s got to be our environs. With a wide range of vegetation and forest, the bird life is commensurately rich. With over 60 species of birds (as on June/09) on our birdlist around the area and still adding and as for those with over personal 60, do write to tally. Our reference bird book is “Birds of the Indian Subcontinent” by Grimmett, Inskipp and Inskipp.
Board Games (Scrabble, Chess etc.)
- We have selection of board games- Carom, Scrabble, Monopoly, Chess, Backgammon, Ludo, etc. With the latest distractions of net, mobiles the fore mentioned games are things of the past. But how many of us have got over it?Â At Kuflon these board games are great fillers either in the noon or dusk and sometimes these indulgences can carry on, eating into our precious bonfire time.
- This is the beginner’s step to serious rock climbing even though some route chosen on the in-house boulders at Kuflon are disarming for some rock climbing enthusiasts. If you are serious its good to have your own rock climbing shoes. For further information write to us.
- We respect a well turned out dish, be it exotic or simple. If you would like to give our taste buds (and yours ;-)) a treat, we at Kuflon will provide the available ingredients, assistance and of course, in-house critics. We will also be happy to exchange our simple regional recipes for your presumably more exotic ones.
- We are people of the earth and appreciate the worth of our own efforts in cultivating and harvesting the food we eat. It is a small beginning, and we are working towards a self sustaining system as far as dependence on town is concerned. We are open to any activity on your part at any time which can help improve our efforts.
Just Do Nothing
- This is the most time consuming and a difficult activity. At best Kuflon can offer you is undisturbed space and clean air.
- Opportunity is the key element. Click a brown trout rising to a dry fly, capture rain showers slowly receding down the Sangamchatti valley or just catch the filtering rays of the sun into Kuflon campus. You have umpteen chances to catch nature unawares. Do not miss it. Carry your optics. Digital option is best for the impatient and for the print film fans there is a developing studio in the main town of Uttarkashi.
- Given the endless possibilities of lazing and spending time with yourself, it might strike you to indulge in the printed word. The house library has a selection of books. Of course, if you are at Kuflon with unread books, you’ve arrived at the perfect place.
Sketching / painting
- For artists of the two dimensional world, Kuflon environs have enough spaces, subjects and depths to challenge your skill of expression. Knowing the perfectionist you are, bring your favourite art media..
- The skies above Kuflon are pollution free and the Star Gazing Rock of Kuflon is one of the finest places in our world to lie down and spot shooting stars to make a wish. It has a natural incline that doubles up as a solid hammock during the day. We have sky charts and a 70mm refractor telescope on site. Do bring powerful binoculars to see the finer stars in the system.
- They say the best thoughts, prose or poetry, come when there is only nature for company. With the chirping of the birds and the distant sound of the flowing stream you cannot but let those thoughts flow. And at Kuflon you can choose to use the writing table, find a flat rock or lie under a shady tree to let the pen do all the talking. Bring your own typewriter- we like the music.
- Long before the madding crowds discovered the Bhagirathi valley for a yogic retreat, it was already an ancient destination for many yogis. Around Kuflon, it may be possible that you can find the same peace and ambiance to rejuvenate yourself. De-stress in our evening Yoga sessions along with our in-house certified Yoga teacher and feel the fresh mountain air energize you. Yoga mats are provided. Each session (1.5 hrs) @ Rs 300 per person.
Essentials: Appropriate clothing.
Village Kuflon, Sangamchatti Road, P.O Kalyani, Uttarkashi, Uttarakhand - 249193
Copyright 2012 Kuflon Basics. All Rights Reserved.